Friday, November 11, 2011

Snow White & The Huntsman Costume Style



I am totally geeked.  I admit it.  Along with millions and millions of fans on Twitter, I have to gush about how much I loved the new trailer for upcoming Snow White & the Huntsman movie.

It has an elegant, exciting, Goth/elegant looks to the production and costumes.  No surprise, my favorite costume designer, Colleen Atwood is behind the lush style of the wardrobe.  Charlize Theron, as the evil queen wears elaborate, sharp, intimidating ensembles that give new meaning to word fierce.  Kristen Stewart's Snow White is no wallflower.  She wears romantic, elegant period-esque gowns but transforms into a mighty warrior.

In an interview with MTV News, the designer describes . "Her costume evolves as the story unfolds," Colleen continued. "She runs away from a situation, and she's on the run for a long time, so as she's going, bits of it get torn away and it becomes a totally different animal by the time we get to another point in the movie. She has a couple other moments that are more 'costume' moments, but her basic costume—I think she wears it well, and I think it works really well in the parameters of the story."


Haven't seen the trailer yet?  Click here: